Written by Lauren Farley
What I love about Norfolk is that you’re never far away from a quaint town or village with something extraordinary on offer. Attleborough is one of those hidden gems, with more to offer than meets the eye. Below I have outlined just five reasons why it’s worth a trip:
- Peter Beales Roses for the green fingered fan, this is a must see. Set within 2 acres of gorgeous gardens you can take in the sights and smells of over 1000 different types of rose. The annual Rose Festival is also a must for this splendid attraction. Find out more at https://www.classicroses.co.uk/
- Nothing quite solidifies a town than a church and St Mary’s Attleborough is no different. The highlight of this gorgeous building is not only the architecture but the hustle and bustle that surrounds the community church. With activities for locals, visitors, adults and children alike this is definitely worth a visit. See what’s on at http://www.attleboroughchurch.org.uk/
- If you’re looking for somewhere to eat, drink and sleep then look no further than the Mulberry Tree which excels at all three. Offering everything from bar snacks to a Sunday roast, coffee to Cosmopolitans, this definitely ticks all the boxes. Plus with their newly refurbished bedrooms you have no reason to not try it for yourself. Book a table or room at http://www.mulberrytree.co.uk/
- Ancient history depicts that when prisoners were in the area, traders would set up a market which became known as the Attleborough Rogues Fair which was held the last Thursday of every month. A market still runs today on the same Thursday on the site in Queen’s Square, where it was presumed the market originally took place.
- As the nights draw in, if you feel like learning a new skill then why not try line dancing? Connaught Hall hosts weekly line dancing classes for everyone from beginners to experts, picking all genres of music from pop to latin. Sign up at http://www.outtalinedance.co.uk/
Read more from Lauren on her blog at https://lozzalive87.wordpress.com/
Other posts you may enjoy...