Top ten tips for bra fitting
- Always have your lingerie fitted by a trained assistant
- Have your lingerie fitted every time you make a purchase as women do change their size frequently
- Always make sure the strap around your body is firm but comfortable to ensure the bra is supporting your breasts properly
- Shoulder straps should then be adjusted to add further support but must not be too tight
- The wires at the front should lie flat against your rib cage
- Your breast should be enclosed in the cup with no bulging
- Try on a T-shirt with your new bra to see the shape it gives
- Move around and lift your arms in the air to make sure the bra doesn't move
- Don't try to measure yourself then buy. All brands and styles will differ slightly and therefore you need to try them on.
- Brides – make sure you have your bridal lingerie for your dress fitting and when choosing your dress have lingerie in mind.
This exclusive boutique offers lingerie, swimwear and nightwear in a range of styles to suit all pockets.
According to the owner of Elouise Lingerie, Heather Smith, many women enter the store wearing the wrong sized bra. “The most important thing to us is to ensure that our customers are provided with a professional service and expert advice to help them select a correctly fitting bra in the right size and the best style to suit their natural shape.” Explains Heather “It is very rewarding to see the positive effect it can have on a woman once she is wearing a well fitting bra it is after all the foundation of your outfit.”
All of the team at Elouise Lingerie are fully trained in advanced bra fitting and lingerie styling including post surgery and maternity requirements. Their aim is to provide the highest quality of service and for their customers to leave the shop feeling good about themselves and confident that they look their best.
The same principle applies to swimwear – it is essential to choose not only the correct size but also a flattering style. After all if you are lucky enough to be taking a winter break you will be walking around nearly naked in swimwear or beachwear on your holiday. “We specialise in cup sized swimwear up to an I cup to ensure a perfect fit and many products offer features such as extra support and adjustable straps which help to create a streamlined look. So whether you’re looking for a glamorous set of swimwear to move elegantly from pool side to bar or something for lengths at the local pool there is plenty to choose from."
The nightwear collection has something for everyone ranging from practical cotton pyjamas to sumptuous silk nightdresses.
The shop has a boudoir which is available for private fittings and is ideal for brides as they can bring their dress and relax in the beautiful surroundings of the boudoir whilst they make their choice.
Elouise Lingerie is open Monday to Saturday 9.30am-5.30pm.
For more information call (01480) 812740 or visit the boutique at 40 High Street, Buckden. The collections are also available to buy online at www.elouiselingerie.co.uk