Christmas and New Year call for a celebratory cocktail. Norfolk Gin have shared their favourite simple gin cocktail recipes for the season.
Norfolk Gin Gimlet
A timeless and refreshing sipping classic. A great way to start the festivities. Bright and refreshing, sweet and tart with bold botanical flavours. This cocktail is easy to make, with just a few ingredients. Whether shaken or stirred, a Gimlet is one of the best gin-based sour cocktails to enjoy this Christmas.
- 2 measures of Norfolk Gin
- 1 measure of Roses lime cordial
- 1 measure of fresh lime juice
- Fill a shaker with ice and add all the ingredients
- Shake well
- Strain into a chilled martini or coupe glass
- Garnish with a slice of lime
Norfolk Gin Winter Bramble
A simple stylish twist on a classic cocktail. A fruity, spicy, indulgent and aromatic drink, a Winter Bramble is well balanced with both sweet and sour notes. Bursting with berries, full of amazing flavours and with a beautiful, rich colour, this cocktail packs a punch when served at Christmas parties. And on those chillier winter evenings, the dash of spicy ginger adds a lingering, comforting warmth.
Easy to mix, and quick to make, this cocktail is perfect for entertaining. And when fresh fruit is out of season or not available, frozen blackberries work just as well.
Ingredients (serves two)
- 3 measures of Norfolk Gin
- A handful of fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 1/2 measures of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 measure of blackberry liqueur or cordial
- Ginger ale
- Fresh bay leaf
- Lemon twist
- Combine the lemon juice and blackberries in a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle until the berries are broken up, then fill the shaker with ice
- Add your Norfolk Gin, blackberry liqueur or cordial and stir
- Strain and pour into your favourite glass
- Top up with chilled ginger ale (to your taste)
- Garnish with a fresh bay leaf and lemon twist
Norfolk Gin Elderflower Fizz
Why choose between gin and Champagne when you can have both? It is Christmas, after all! ‘Tis the season to celebrate with friends and family, and this light, bright, delicately floral sparkling cocktail is the perfect way to raise a toast to the festive season. With rich botanical notes to finish, this Norfolk Gin Elderflower Fizz is a sophisticated and utterly delicious drink.
- 1 measure of Norfolk Gin
- 1 measure of elderflower cordial
- Fresh lemon juice
- Champagne or Prosecco
- Lemon strip
- Combine your Norfolk Gin, elderflower cordial and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice in a chilled glass
- Stir well
- Top with chilled Champagne or Prosecco
- And simply garnish with a thin strip of lemon