Another New Year, another New Year’s resolution. But maybe this year you can make your resolution one that helps our planet and your health? As Veganuary gets underway, why not give a plant-based diet a try this January with a little help from your eastlife friends…
January 2019 marks my one year veganniversary (yes that is a word!), and what a year its been. Yes, I miss cheese and yes, eating out can be tricky. Despite this though, I can honestly say this was one of the best choices I’ve ever made. Once you’ve got your head around the ins and outs, the dos and don’ts and the what’s and what nots, it becomes an eye opening experience. You quickly learn to find the accidentally vegan treats (like hobnobs and oreos), good places to eat and where to avoid.
To help get you started, I’ve put together just a few of my favourite places for Vegan food in Norwich…
- Timberhill Bakery – Great for breakfast, lunch or just a coffee with friends. Plus all their cakes are vegan! https://timberhillbakery.com
- River Green Café – Great for Sunday roasts or a special meal out. https://www.rivergreencafe.co.uk
- The Tipsy Vegan – Great for comfort vegan food and cocktails! https://www.thetipsyvegan.co.uk
- Ancestors – Great for coffee and cake, breakfast and lunch. https://www.instagram.com/ancestorscoffee
- Tofeuri – Great to grab lunch or cake on the go! http://tofurei.co.uk
Finally, you can’t go wrong with a trip to Little Shop of Vegans (https://littleshopofvegans.com) on Magdalen Street, Norwich. Stocking only vegan products this is a great place to go to stock up on vegan replacements for foods you might miss – think chocolate, cheese, cream, meat alternatives and even marshmallows!
Join our Vegetarian and Vegan Facebook Group…
When it comes to making big dietary changes, support from others goes a long way. From understanding your choices to sharing recipes and recommending the best places to eat, these pointers go a long way in helping you succeed. Come join our Facebook group today and help spread the plant-based love across East Anglia: www.facebook.com/groups/Veggieandvegan